Shorn Cloaks and Tattered Shields
Church of Traladara
- Lying, assault, abuse, murder, theft and lying are sins – brought on by weakness of the spirit or the influence of evil or animals spirits.
- The sins above should be punished in the manner that parents punish children; physical punishment, imprisonment and the withholding of rights (or even death in extreme cases).
- The role of the individual in the afterlife will be determined by the individuals wisdom, strength of character and good-will at the time of his death.
- The relationship between a man and a woman is a personal matter. It is not for the church to say whether the relationship is right or wrong -unless one of the other rules above are contravened.
- Common “magical” rituals such as astrology, palm readings and so forth are all declarations of man’s curiosity about the world and his determination to preserve himself from evil. Such efforts are often rewarded by the Immortals and should continue.
- The events of the Song of Halav are absolutely true: King Halav, Queen Petra and Zirchev are now immortals guiding the righteous and punishing the wicked. The Golden Age of Traladara will one day come again.
In short: do not harm one another. If someone does harm another, they should be punished in proportion to the harm they have done.
Full-sleeved, knee-length surcoat dyed a brownish hue assocaited with the church (bone brown/off-white in this campaign). Carry a gnarled, wooden staff as a mark of office.